The metallic trend this season was started by Burberry Prorsum with their amazing metallic leather trench coats in a rainbow of colours. A real modern take on their iconic classic.
The high street then translated this into metallic everything. Here are some of my favourites, with my version of how to style the trend for it to work as an every day look.
Here are some fantastic metallic pieces from the high street currently. It is quite a full on trend so again you might like to just wear one piece and if you are unsure of what to wear it with black is always a safe option you can''t go wrong with. This is not a trend I would personally wear though except maybe leggings. So as a really good alternative you could go with metallic shoes. That would be a great way to dress up an outfit for day time or a night out. Here are my top shoes picks.
Day time look.
1. These shoes shiny enough to please a mermaid are crossing two trends here, metallic and also creepers which are super popular at the moment. Get these beauties from Schuh here.
2. A fashionable twist on the the classic shoes is a great way to wear the metallic trend. These would be an investment that you could wear again and again and Converse won't be going out of fashion any time soon. Get these from Converse Office here.
3. These oil slick brogues from Asos are so unusual and would look so good with a leather skater skirt. Buy them here.
4. These super rad Iron Fist creepers are the most amazing shoes I have seen in ages, I am totally in love! They have a pink metallic panel and and their awesome trademark zombie print on the front and back. Wish I could afford these! Buy them from Schuh here.
5. These Jeffrey Campbell Lita's now come in this amazingly glamourous shiny gold. Get a pair now from Office here.
6. If your budget doesn't stretch that far a company called Mr Shoes do copies of trends at bargain prices and they really are bargains. These black and gold wedges are currently £10 in the sale*! Go buy a pair!! Get them online here.
7. These vintage style gold shoes are a lovely classic style that would be a great investment piece. Buy them from Asos here.
8. These fab green metallic heels are right on trend and would look great with a LBD. Buy them from Asos here.
Hope you enjoyed this post on metallic trends! Tomorrow I'll be looking at florals :) B. xoxo
*When I post sale items I always check if they are in stock first and have all or most sizes left. So go grab a bargain!